“The Bulldog” Variable Frequency Pump Control – Developed Exclusively for the Oilfield
The objective of HMC’s patented technology platform, “The Bulldog” is to increase pumping unit productivity and allow worry-free operation.
How it works:
The Bulldog matches the pumping unit speed preventing “over pumping”. This avoids the regenerative cycle that creates an overload trip. The variable frequency pump control has a unique bus regulation, eliminating the need for resistor packs in the control panel. The DC bus regulation function allows for an optimal pump operation without tripping the VFD on over-voltage or over-current due to the pump regenerative cycle.
The Bulldog Features:
The Bulldog has several features for the pumping industry, including:
• Simple to use speed control which prevents “over pumping”.
• Ability to reverse motor rotation on a fixed-timed basis to extend the life of the overall pump stand.
• PLC functions allowing users to incorporate process control and mathematical logic functions eliminating the need for an external micro PLC.
• Resistor-free pump unit panel means no more burnt-out resistors to replace.
• Auto-restart after power failure.
• NEMA 3R Panel Design for outdoor use.
• Extended warranty available.