Check out our Medium Voltage Drives
WEG is the only Brazilian supplier of medium voltage, speed variation systems that produces all the components: input cubicle, oil or dry transformer, variable frequency drive and medium voltage motor.
The MVW-01 variable frequency drive includes state-of-the-art technology through a multi-level structure with high voltage IGBTs (6.5 kV), reducing the harmonic currents in the motor to extremely low levels. The configuration of the input rectifier in 12 or 18 pulses allows high power factor in the supply network, fully compliance with IEEE 519 Standard.
In terms of control, the MVW-01 operates with micro-processing, using 32 bit processors (64 bit busbar) with high speed and pointing float mathematics, assuring great motor control performance.WEG is the only Brazilian supplier of medium voltage, speed variation systems that produces all the components: input cubicle, oil or dry transformer, variable frequency drive and medium voltage motor.
- Pumps Fans / Exhausters
- Cement kills
- Steel mill
- Winders / unwanders
- Sugar mills
Medium Voltage Variable Frequency Drive – MVW-01: 500HP – 8000HP
- Motor voltage: 2.3 kV; 3.3 kV or 4.16 kV
- Power up to 8000 HP
- Totally digital with a 32 bit, high performance processor (64 bit busbar)
- Removable Man-Machine Interface (LCD / LED) with easy operation double display
- Mounted on an IP 41 / NEMA 1 panel
- Air cooled
- 12Pulse input rectifier (18 or 24 pulse optional); high power factor (>0.96) and high displacement power factor (>0.97)
- Multi-level power topology (NPC 3/5 levels)
- Optical fibers between power and control
- Imposed voltage